Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Removing OEM seat cushion cover?

Old 10-14-2011, 08:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Removing OEM seat cushion cover?

Does anyone know how to remove just the drivers seat cushion cover? Do I have to take out the entire seat? I'm hoping I don't have to since I only want to replace the cushion cover where you sit. I've searched the forums & internet without much luck.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Does anyone know how to remove just the drivers seat cushion cover? Do I have to take out the entire seat? I'm hoping I don't have to since I only want to replace the cushion cover where you sit. I've searched the forums & internet without much luck.
On Quadratec's web site, they have the instructions for installing the MOPAR heated seat kit (click for the PDF). That has the instructions in it you're looking for.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Krynn

On Quadratec's web site, they have the instructions for installing the MOPAR heated seat kit (click for the PDF). That has the instructions in it you're looking for.
Thanks!!

Just looked over them... it seems like it still requires me to remove the entire seat by unmounting the 4 bolts to the floor. Plus, the instructions don't go any further than getting the front part lifted high enough to slip in the heat panel. I'm just concerned that once I get this far I won't he able to get the whole cover off.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd have to look at it to be certain, but I think there's just another row of rings at the back that you have to clip to completely free the cover. If I recall correctly, it's not attached at all to the seat back.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krynn
I'd have to look at it to be certain, but I think there's just another row of rings at the back that you have to clip to completely free the cover. If I recall correctly, it's not attached at all to the seat back.
I did the heated seat kit last year. The seat cushion is not attached to the back. I clipped off all the hog rings and used tiny zip ties in their place to reattach the cusion, I recommend doing that. Once the hog rings are removed I believe the cushion comes off easily.

Quick Reply: Removing OEM seat cushion cover?