Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Removing muffler

Old 03-23-2012, 08:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks! excited to pull it off!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I mean I kind of just broke that tack weld right off while takin it off. It doesn't seem too important lol
Old 03-25-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

haha mine came off last night, I got so pissed at the passenger side rubber mount, I just cut it off!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gonzzo
Pulling the muffler off and not adding a pipe to get the exhaust out from under the vehicle is an invitation for disaster. The exhaust should always be ran clear out from under the vehicle. Allowing the fumes to exit under will only allow them to sneak in to the passenger compartment. Carbon monoxide is odorless and deadly.

Didn't man to hijack this thread, just wanted to make sure we don't lose anyone.

Thanks.

Gonzzo.
That is retarded.....first off I had my last vehicle dumped right under the cab for about 2 weeks no problems...maybe if you sit in a garage for a hour with door closed and Jeep running it might kill u but not if your driving down the road....I mean look at how many different vehicles on the road have their exhaust dumped under it....just sayin....
Old 03-25-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

You know some people just don't think like that hahahahaha
Old 03-25-2012, 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Speeking of mufflers does everyones rear muffler come with a little hole in the bottom of the tail pipe panel?
Old 03-25-2012, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samhardy2008

That is retarded.....first off I had my last vehicle dumped right under the cab for about 2 weeks no problems...maybe if you sit in a garage for a hour with door closed and Jeep running it might kill u but not if your driving down the road....I mean look at how many different vehicles on the road have their exhaust dumped under it....just sayin....
Just don't sit idling too long with the windows up. You'll end up Homer Simpson smart.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesWyatt

Just don't sit idling too long with the windows up. You'll end up Homer Simpson smart.
Lmao exactly what I was thinking

Quick Reply: Removing muffler