Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Removing Grill

Old 06-11-2009, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Grill

I want to remove the front grill to spray it with bed-line spray. I keep looking at the little screws on the top, and I dont know how to remove them. I also read something about removing the headlights and fogs or something. If someone would just clarify or maybe take me step by step through it. Thanks alot.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Along the top are Plugs that pry out. Then at the bottom are clips that release buy placing your hand inside of the Grill and pushing out.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whitewranglerjk
I want to remove the front grill to spray it with bed-line spray. I keep looking at the little screws on the top, and I dont know how to remove them. I also read something about removing the headlights and fogs or something. If someone would just clarify or maybe take me step by step through it. Thanks alot.
See line #2 of this thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/cibie-euro-code-headlamp-install-1995/
Old 06-11-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Super Freak

I ended up taking a small screw and screwing it into the plastic screws on the top and pulling on the "new" screw to remove them.  After you remove the grill a couple of times those plastic screws don't want to screw out like they should.  You then need to pull out the black piece that is still left.  Once you remove them reach under and unhook the turn signals by turning them eith 1/4 or 1/2 turn.  You then pull straight out to release the clips that are still holding the grill.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad I caught this thread....I'm going to pop mine out, clean it, scuff it, clean it and re-clear it with a quality polyurethane clearcoat to prevent rock chips especially since I don't have any...yet.

Might even do it today......

Quick Reply: Removing Grill