Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Removing doors question

Old 06-12-2009, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Removing doors question

Do you have to take out the dome lightbulb? I thought unplugging the wiring when I removed the doors took care of this, but I read somewhere that you should take out the dome lightbulb, can't remember what model Jeep they were talking about.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

unplugging the wire-block is enough.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks for the confirmation.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The JK shuts off when you unhook the wires to the doors ( not sure about the non power doors ). The TJ has a fuse you pull that allows you to still use the dome light with the switch but prevents it from coming on when the doors are open ( or off ).
Old 06-12-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidwm71
The JK shuts off when you unhook the wires to the doors ( not sure about the non power doors ). The TJ has a fuse you pull that allows you to still use the dome light with the switch but prevents it from coming on when the doors are open ( or off ).
Hey davidwm, My wife has an 06 TJ, what fuse is that?
Old 06-12-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Hey davidwm, My wife has an 06 TJ, what fuse is that?
It is fuse number 4. There are switch kits that you can attach to the fuse holder and have a way of flicking the switch to turn it on or off. I made my own as the kit is only a switch and an inline fuse... if you look at the kit you can see how easy it is to make. I had the amp research powersteps that came down when I opened the doors. When I had the doors off I would flick the switch so they would come down for my daughter to use.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/37358.pdf
Old 06-12-2009, 08:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidwm71
It is fuse number 4. There are switch kits that you can attach to the fuse holder and have a way of flicking the switch to turn it on or off. I made my own as the kit is only a switch and an inline fuse... if you look at the kit you can see how easy it is to make. I had the amp research powersteps that came down when I opened the doors. When I had the doors off I would flick the switch so they would come down for my daughter to use.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/37358.pdf
Thanks David, just what I was lookin for.

Quick Reply: Removing doors question