Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Removing doors

Old 04-25-2022, 02:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing doors

ok, I asked this on another forum last summer, but was unable to get an answer. I have a 2013 JK Unlimited Rubicon. Whenever I remove my doors, these dash lights stay lit unless I plug my front doors back in. I have power/heated mirrors, also my USB port that I hooked up to my 12v adapter also stays active unless i plug the front door in. As you can see I have the basic steering wheel controls, so I don’t have the options to make adjustments. Anyone know how to fix this? I’m tired of killing my battery 😞🤬 or putting my doors back on every night.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:53 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

I looked back at your old thread and I was the only one that responded. So, I dug around more and I see someone noting a similar issue but on an '08 and it appears it was a ground issue down in that footwell. You might just double-check the ground that is under your plastic footwell molding and see if it's in good shape with good contact. I'm thinking that this could be a similar issue as what you're experiencing even though it's an older jeep given the early models didn't have steering wheel controls. I think leaning towards a ground issue is making more sense vs. a computer setting that you don't have access to easily change and on a vehicle that is intended to have the doors removed regularly.

look at post #17 here -
https://bit.ly/3kbpvOk

Last edited by resharp001; 04-25-2022 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

So, I checked those grounds on both foot wells. I even disconnected all the grounds from my accessories. Still the same 😞. Tomorrow I’m going to remove the remote start module and see if that does anything.
Old 04-26-2022, 04:31 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

So the power stays on indefinitely, or does the accessory power turn off after the normal 10 minute max interval? I have the sense it stays on indefinitely since it is draining your battery, which doesn't seem like something that would happen in just 10 minutes. If it stays on longer than 10 minutes it definitely doesn't seem like the accessory delay setting. If it turned out simply be the accessory delay, I bet the local dealer could flash that setting for you, or I know Jscan app + DT dongle can change that setting as likely other programmers can. On a side note, I'm really surprised any Rubicon was sold with that basic package in '13.

I'm kinda curious if you have the doors on what happens if you turn the jeep off and pull the key and then just sit there without opening the door. I presume everything would just stay on the same way and it's simply the door opening breaking the connection to things.

Is the remote start module aftermarket or factory?
Old 04-26-2022, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Illar
So, I checked those grounds on both foot wells. I even disconnected all the grounds from my accessories. Still the same 😞. Tomorrow I’m going to remove the remote start module and see if that does anything.
You might be headed in the right direction with that. I run core doors that don't plug in, all my accessories stay on for about 15 seconds after I turn the Jeep off, then they turn off. Is this a Mopar remote start module, or aftermarket one.

Last edited by medicjwilson; 04-26-2022 at 04:52 AM. Reason: to add quote
Old 04-26-2022, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by medicjwilson
You might be headed in the right direction with that. I run core doors that don't plug in, all my accessories stay on for about 15 seconds after I turn the Jeep off, then they turn off. Is this a Mopar remote start module, or aftermarket one.
it’s an aftermarket market “plug and play” from flash logic. I’m pretty much going to unhook anything that isn’t factory and see if it helps
Old 04-26-2022, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This post mentions something about the radio turning off and something about wiring something to the door harness.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...5/#post3853344
Old 04-29-2022, 03:33 AM
JK Newbie

I have disconnected everything that isn’t factory. I even disconnected my aftermarket stereo. Still hasn’t changed anything 🤬😩

Quick Reply: Removing doors