Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Removed the rear seat for the first time today. (2 Door)

Old 12-18-2008, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removed the rear seat for the first time today. (2 Door)

After reading a couple threads I decided to give it a try as I have been needing room for Christmas presents. It was so easy. I just made sure the rear seat was folded up as normal and was not touching the front seats. A simple squeeze on the bar raises the locks on the front connects. I just rotated the seat towards the rear a bit and released the locking bar. Then I pushed the seat towards the front and it was out out the locks ready for removal. Grabbing the rear seat on the drivers side I lifted a bit and pulled it towards the rear, it was easy to control and keep it away from the sub. I climbed out side and lifted it out with no problems and stored it in the garage. The seat maybe weighs 40 to 50 pounds but is easy to grab and carry once it is folded up entirely. Lots of room now.... I know there have been several write-ups already but I wanted to share my experience and to say how easy it really is. I'm running a hardtop this time of the year and left the sub installed during removal. From start to finish the process took less than 5 minutes for the removal...

Quick Reply: Removed the rear seat for the first time today. (2 Door)