Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Red Lightning Bolt Of Death

Old 04-29-2021, 09:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Lightning Bolt Of Death

I’ve seen just about every post about people having this issue, but never seeing the actual fix. That being said, I am having this issue where I my 2007 Wrangler JK Unlimited X 2wd is idling rough throwing the red lightning bolt and traction control light on the dash. Turn the key off and back on it goes away for a little bit. I’ve already changed the throttle body, PCV valve, spark plugs and wires, checked battery grounds even got a new battery. I’ve heard it can be a pedal sensor, or linked to bad alternator?
Anyways, I know it’s a pretty common problem for the 2007-2008 Wrangler models, but i’ve never found the solution so any insight would be great. Thanks
Old 04-30-2021, 02:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Griffin Buck
I’ve seen just about every post about people having this issue, but never seeing the actual fix. That being said, I am having this issue where I my 2007 Wrangler JK Unlimited X 2wd is idling rough throwing the red lightning bolt and traction control light on the dash. Turn the key off and back on it goes away for a little bit. I’ve already changed the throttle body, PCV valve, spark plugs and wires, checked battery grounds even got a new battery. I’ve heard it can be a pedal sensor, or linked to bad alternator?
Anyways, I know it’s a pretty common problem for the 2007-2008 Wrangler models, but i’ve never found the solution so any insight would be great. Thanks
Have you tried this. Some times this hocus-pocus stuff works. What about MAP sensor?
There is a red lightning bolt light that has came on my d... (yourmechanic.com)

Last edited by 2011oscarmike; 04-30-2021 at 02:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Red Lightning Bolt Of Death