Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Recommend me a tire cover for my stock spare

Old 03-28-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend me a tire cover for my stock spare

I want to get rid of the dealer ad that's there now. I don't want to be one of those guys with ragged pieces of vinyl flying off my JK every time I go on the highway.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by JRyan
I want to get rid of the dealer ad that's there now. I don't want to be one of those guys with ragged pieces of vinyl flying off my JK every time I go on the highway.
I bought the Jeep logo cover new with my JK. Then I decided I didn't like the look (and it doesn't fit now, anyway). Original tires were 245s (X with S-pkg) and the cover fit very tightly. If you'd like that cover, maybe we can work something out--say $5 to cover shipping?
Old 03-28-2008, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I bought the Jeep logo cover new with my JK. Then I decided I didn't like the look (and it doesn't fit now, anyway). Original tires were 245s (X with S-pkg) and the cover fit very tightly. If you'd like that cover, maybe we can work something out--say $5 to cover shipping?

I have the base X, only upgrades were the stereo ac and I'm not sure if they normally come with skidplates...

I think that one should fit, thanks! I'll pm you momentarily.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heheheh... is it that big CENTRAL JEEP cover that everybody in massachusetts seems to have???
Old 03-28-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I really like this one:

Old 03-28-2008, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

I bought the plain black Bestop. $20, looks great (matches soft top, same material) and made well.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I really like this one:

that one is cool, but I think I'll like the one Mark generously offered for just shipping.

thanks again Mark.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Does anyone with a plain black one have an opinion on how it would hold up to silk-screening? I'd like to get my company logo put on there...
Old 03-28-2008, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Heheheh... is it that big CENTRAL JEEP cover that everybody in massachusetts seems to have???
nope, Brown motors from Greenfield.

I am cool with Brown motors, they have been good about my wifes car and were fair about selling me my JK, but I'm not a billboard. The license plate holder doesn't bug me but the sticker came off and I want the huge tire ad gone as well.

See --->

Last edited by JRyan; 03-28-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JRyan
nope, Brown motors from Greenfield.

I am cool with Brown motors, they have been good about my wifes car and were fair about selling me my JK, but I'm not a billboard. The license plate holder doesn't bug me but the sticker came off and I want the huge tire ad gone as well.
Hahaha. I see. I always have the dealerships take their logo off. I too, don't mind the license plate frames, but anything else is bad in my book!

I Feel really bad for those people that buy from BOCH though. They have the absolute worst emblems out there!

Quick Reply: Recommend me a tire cover for my stock spare