Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

recalls?

Old 01-03-2007, 12:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recalls?

hi, are there any recalls out yet for the jk?, I've got the leaky roof, sluggish power,cranking noises from clutch and the same radio problems many of us have. I'm due for an oil change in about 2-3 weeks and plan on having the dealer adress these issues. Should they aready be aware of these issues and fixes or should I mention something in specifics (flash chip ?)....I hope they are all minor hicks because I really enjoy this ride and hope to have it a long time.
Thanx
Old 01-03-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

I just checked Edmunds.com and they do not have anything listed as a recall. But man i would suggest getting into the dealer and let him know what is going on.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

There was one recall linked on the site about ABS

Also see this thread for a computer flash that deal with the radio problems, and sluggishness

Last edited by Area-51; 01-03-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

the sluggishness, radio problems and a few others are software issues and easily fixed by TSB 1803606.. as for the leaky top, join the club, lol, i had it too, but i have come up with a fix... read my write up on it here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/hardtop-leak-fix-1626/ i'll try to post some pics of this fix next week. The problems with that is basically a defective weather stripping above the windshield. It is hallow the whole way across except for a 6 inch section that is supposed to be lined up with the seem between the two front hardtop panels. However, on most of the first JKs built, that 6 inch firm section is about 10 inches from where it is supposed to be and does nothing because it is in the wrong spot. I was at the dealer today and they had a JK in the showroom that didn't have this defective weather stripping. It is my assumption that they have since fixed this problem, so if you were to go to you dealer and tell them it leaks due to a defective weather stripping, maybe they'd order you a new one. otherwise, check out that post of mine i listed. I did it on my Rubicon and have had no leaks, air or water since. Good luck.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

I have had the radio/computer flash week and half ago and still having the radio issue. I have had our 2007 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4x4 Automatic for 3 months and have the stallling issue with radio going off and radio going off with power window rolling up, brake applying, and putting into drive. 6 attempts to fix with no resolve. Thread posted under Stalling: Safety Issue.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also read the recall for a flash specifically directed to reprogram the radio completely. It can be found if you follow the links listed for the other TSB noted above.

Quick Reply: recalls?