Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rear Wheel Ticking Noise

Old 04-02-2022, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Rear Wheel Ticking Noise

My right rear wheel sounds like it has a rock or nail and makes that clicking noise when driving. I've been trying to isolate this problem and here's what I've come up with. Would the E-Brakes make that rock in the wheel noise?
Jacked up rear end. Wheels spin freely. Engage parking brake and left wheel is locked. Right wheel has very little brake on it. I can still rotate. I've taken pictures of the Parking brake cable both sides. Right side is noticeably different and has about 1/8" play. I'm thinking the cable is stretched. But Can't figure out the bend in the spring. I just cleaned everything up and will try to get new pictures. Any expert opinions.

Left Wheel

Right Wheel

Last edited by MountainTrails88; 04-02-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-03-2022, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

You need to inspect the right parking brake, pull the calipers and rotors and see what is going on.
Old 04-03-2022, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Pillsworth
You need to inspect the right parking brake, pull the calipers and rotors and see what is going on.
I know. Didn't realize those brake shoes we're in there till now. Brake shoes will make you cry. lol

Quick Reply: Rear Wheel Ticking Noise