Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rear Storage Compartment & locking it

Old 03-20-2007, 08:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No prob with electric stuff, my YJ wouldn't unlock with the key in the winter. I would have to unlock the back and crawl up to a door to open it. Let me tell you how cool that was when I was dating in high school! I never could figure out why it did that. I took those doors apart so many times! I am not worried about power locks at all! The power locks don't really defeat the purpose of the storage. Climb in the jeep, shut the door, hit the key fob lock button and wait five minutes until the alarm activates and then try to hit the power lock button. You will find that it won't unlock the doors. So, the gate can't be opened unless the key fob unlocks the jeep.

Bryan
Old 03-20-2007, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Ditto: 1. Roll down a window 2. lock the jeep with the key fob. 3. wait until the alarm light stops its quick flash. When the alarm light blinks about once a second the alarm has been activated. 4. reach in the open window and try to work the unlock power button. You now will not be able to unlock your Jeep with the power unlock button inside the cab. If the above doesn't work then you may not have the factory alarm system.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Remove the plastic piece O Crap latch. Buy an eye bolt and washers and a padlock. Cheap fix, secure enough for passers by.

S.R.

Quick Reply: Rear Storage Compartment & locking it