Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rear Seatbelt Torture in my Unlimited Rubi

Old 05-04-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Seatbelt Torture in my Unlimited Rubi

The rear seatbelts in my 09 Rubicon Unlimited dont allow you to move around and stay locked as you are in your seat just cruising on the freeway. Is there a way to adjust the mechanism so it will allow you to move in your seat and still lock in the event of a collision? It's torture back there?

Thanks,

Flash
Old 05-04-2010, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Bump, My backseat passenger was complaining of the same thing the other day. I never noticed it bc Ive never sat and put the seatbelt on in the backseat.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

If you are talking about how the back seat belts keep ratcheting tighter on the passenger, try this:

Old 05-21-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Freak

I had the same problem in my X. I had the seatbelt replaced twice. Turns out there was a little plastic tab that needed to be pulled out of the mechanism to "activate" the seatbelt properly. That's what the dealer told me anyway. Whether it's true or not, my seatbelt works now.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by flash1034
the rear seatbelts in my 09 rubicon unlimited dont allow you to move around and stay locked as you are in your seat just cruising on the freeway. Is there a way to adjust the mechanism so it will allow you to move in your seat and still lock in the event of a collision? It's torture back there?

Thanks,

flash

its supposed to do that if you fully pull out the belt and slowly let it back in you will hear a clicking ratcheting sound reason is for child seats it allows you to securely strap in a carseat and it doesnt loosen to keep it secure thats why the rear belts only do it
Old 05-21-2010, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx

If you are talking about how the back seat belts keep ratcheting tighter on the passenger, try this:

hmm never thought of this trick!!! nice

Quick Reply: Rear Seatbelt Torture in my Unlimited Rubi