Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rear seat rattle

Old 03-04-2022, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have the same issue

Originally Posted by ahfunaki
Anyone else have this problem?

Basically it seems that the hooks that the seat latches on to aren't big enough and the latch doesn't fully seal around them leaving room for the seat to move around slightly. It drives me crazy any time I'm going over rough roads or bumps.

I'm sure that I could put electrical tape around the hooks to thicken them up, but I don't think that should be the solution.
I have a 2012 2 dr and it does the same thing. The back seat makes me nuts. I'm going to stuff it with something. I know its a wrangler people and it gets wet and rattles, but this is more than a rattle.

It's a 2012 2 door.

I'm just curious if I'm the only one with this issue before I take it into the dealer...

Thanks in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScgjBGPsxeg&feature
i have the same issue. Same year and 2 dr. I'm gonna stuff it with something. I know it's a wrangler and they rattle and get wet, but this isn't a rattle.
Old 03-04-2022, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 479 Likes on 430 Posts

In winter only it sounds like my RF door has a bunch of castanet players in there. In summer zero noises. Just cannot figure it out. Might change the front door rubber seals and the tailgate seal.
Old 03-05-2022, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 479 Likes on 430 Posts

So I managed to kick the castanet players out. I took the freedom panels off and realised the hold down bolts for the top were loose and all 6 at the bottom were not very tight. I also cleaned up all the seal rubbers with a cloth and spray silicone and lubricated all door hinges and latches with fluid film which has now made the Jeep almost new sounding with just a center radio dash rattle.

Quick Reply: Rear seat rattle