Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rear seat issue

Old 04-15-2022, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear seat issue

So I'm new to Jeeps but happy to be here. 08 2 door JK, rear seat locking mechanism is in locked position. The cable that unlocks it is loose (not attached to the mechanism). The question is where do I connect this part so I can unlock the mechanism and put the seat down? There's not a lot of room here and it's hard to see/feel around. Any help is appreciated. I've attached 2 pics and circled the one with the loose piece. It's hard to see.
Tks,
Mike

Mechanism in locked position.

Cable end that should be attached to mechanism to release lock.
Old 04-26-2022, 04:35 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,691 Posts

I don't have any experience with that 2dr rear seat but I suspect you're looking at removing the seat skin and possibly the padding to get a better look and access to what you're going to need to do for a fix.
Old 04-26-2022, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just went out a took a picture of the mechanism on mine. 2 door. This view is from above the mechanism, I had to open up the bottom of the seat and push the foam up a little and stick my phone in there. Top looking down. You can see there is a cable that unlatches the mechanism that is actuated by folding the seat forward. Check to see that it is still connected.

Last edited by medicjwilson; 04-26-2022 at 07:49 AM. Reason: I should spellcheck........

Quick Reply: Rear seat issue