Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rear plastic window wont stay...

Old 10-18-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear plastic window wont stay...

So recently I put my top back up due to cold weather and this side window does not want to stay in place. If I go over like 30 it comes out and starts flapping around. I reattatched it and everything still comes out. Any fixes? Very annoying...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111018_200224.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	225502  
Old 10-18-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

You probably do not have it installed right... On the door surrounds there is a channel where the window hooks into. the hard L shaped end of the window curls into this channel to lock it into place
Old 10-18-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if it is in the track properely it is impossible for it to come out especially with the doors on

double check and make sure the edge is rolled over and pressed into the groove. It helps if you undo the zipper about half way first.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

happened to me once, try starting the zipper only 1 inch then the door part then the bottom finally the rest of the zipper.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:41 PM
JK Newbie

Ah, that plastic L piece is suppose to bend in and tuck into the frame? That would explain that... When I got the jeep it was fitted in like I do it now and stayed fine, it just recently came undone. I'll try it that way though
Old 10-19-2011, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharks4Life
Ah, that plastic L piece is suppose to bend in and tuck into the frame? That would explain that... When I got the jeep it was fitted in like I do it now and stayed fine, it just recently came undone. I'll try it that way though
Yup it will be very snug and tight once you feed the rigid strip into the gap in the door frame.

What I do.

1) Start the zipper, zip it about 2"
2) Tuck in the bedrail lip, start nearest the door and just get it started a few inches..
3) Jam the rigid stem of the window around the door frame into the small (1/8"?) gap, starting at the bottom (the bedrail lip may more some but thats fine) and work it in until the stem is fully seated.
4) Finish setting the rest of the bedrail lip along the bottom towards the rear
5) Finish zippering and velcroing.

Quick Reply: Rear plastic window wont stay...