Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rear passenger's side door won't unlock!

Old 03-11-2009, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear passenger's side door won't unlock!

So I'm taking off the rear doors for the first time on my '08 Sahara, and I unclip the wiring from both sides. I try open up the passenger's side door, but it won't budge! It worked fine before I unclipped the harness, but now, I press the door-handle button in, and the button just depresses as if the door were locked. I tryed opening the door from the inside, and that doesn't work either. I'm really bummed, I was looking forward to taking all four doors off, but one of the back doors is stuck closed!

Any ideas?
Old 03-11-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I guess the first question would be how logical you would approach the troubleshooting. Try plugging the door in, then unlocking it, then try and open the door...BUT you could just open the door and then unhook the strap. WARNING!!!!!

WARNING!!!

Do not let go of the door with this method. I am not sure if the back doors do anything similar to the front, but I am one of the many with a dimple in my fender from not holding the door once it was unplugged/unstrapped.

END OF WARNING!!

Seriously though...just get the door to open first...that is the first task to solve.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

i'm pretty sure there is a TSB regarding this...you might want to check

Quick Reply: Rear passenger's side door won't unlock!