Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rear license plate relocation

Old 12-31-2014, 12:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
I bent band stock aluminum. It attaches via the top stud for the spare. Basically, it takes the sauce of the spacer for the lug lights. A couple bends to get the angle & height correct, riveted an angle piece to the top. Painted with bed liner and attach. Drill holes to attach light, plate, etc. then, I wanted a clean look so I installed "lightnin' bolts". Those are the led bolts holding the plate in place. Inexpensive and are actually brighter than what the pic shows.
Any chance you have a picture of just the bracket you made up?
Old 12-31-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
Any chance you have a picture of just the bracket you made up?
no. It will be a While before I dismount it to get a pic. When I do, I will take some pics and post them.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 14Sport

x3. Just have to add one wire.
I have this bracket and there's actually 3 wires. The ground, red (brake light), and green (tag light) that need to be tapped into your current wires.

Black goes to black from the passenger taillight wires, red goes to the white with gray/brown striped wire from the third taillight writes, and green goes to the white with purple striped wire again from the passenger taillight wires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150106_113740.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	590830
Old 01-06-2015, 11:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry Hesticles
I have this bracket and there's actually 3 wires. The ground, red (brake light), and green (tag light) that need to be tapped into your current wires.

Black goes to black from the passenger taillight wires, red goes to the white with gray/brown striped wire from the third taillight writes, and green goes to the white with purple striped wire again from the passenger taillight wires.

Attachment 590830
Hmmm...I used the two wires from the high mounted third brake light which were already on the tail gate and just had to run one additional wire to the tail light bezel, which is why I said add one wire. Maybe mine is different. At least that is how I remember it. I ran the additional wire through the same casing that contained the other 2 wires.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warrior spare tire brake light and license plate mount.
Warrior Products 2380 - Warrior Products Spare Tire License Plate Mount with 3rd Brake Light - Quadratec

The plate/light is easily removed with a single clip. I used 4-pin trailer light plug so the wires also easily disconnect but are water proof. (Dielectric grease helps on trailer plug.)

The light/plate bracket also provides a mount for my back-up camera. (red arrow)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130827_133032_693.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	590908   Click image for larger version

Name:	BackupCamera.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	590909  

Quick Reply: Rear license plate relocation