Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rear head rest

Old 12-10-2007, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear head rest

One of my rear head rest in my unlimited doesnt fold back, any ideas on how to fix.

cheers mc
Old 04-22-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Yes!! I just fixed mine! Basically there is a cable right where the zipper is located on the back of the seat. If you unzip this (its all folded under, best of luck it was kind of a pain) you will reveal the cable. I used a couple of zip ties to go around the cable and a tooling hole on the small seat and drilled a hole in the big one. Basically using zip ties I re routed the cable (think pulling up on a guitar string). It is a total jimmy rig, but it works beautifully! Use nice big strong zip ties.

I have a pic but am new and never posted a pic, so.... let me know if you need one.

so stoked this worked, I was contemplating buying a whole new seat!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

this sounds a lot like the fix i had to rig in my old xj to get the seats to fold fwd again. glad someone on here already had to go through it so it should be an easy fix for you!

Quick Reply: Rear head rest