Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

rear brake calipers

Old 01-23-2010, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear brake calipers

Has anyone had to replace their rear brake calipers because of any kind of noise coming from them, mine has a" squishy rubber sound" when i hit the brakes real hard when driving slowly , in forward or reverse, sometime if i park on a slight incline when i shut off the jeep put it in park, and take my foot off of the beake it makes the noise too, after dealer turning rotors,new brake pads, noise is still there,service says it has to be rear calipers, anyone else heard of such a thing as calipers making a noise like that?its almost like when you install a rubber bushing and dont put any grease on it gives you that squishy sound i call it, mine is a 4 door 08 with 16,000 miles thanks!!
Old 01-24-2010, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

I had my drivers side rear caliper replaced under warranty...unfortunately after chewing through the first set of rotors. It almost felt like there was something wrong with the clutch but after the replacement alls well!! Clutch is ok....its gonna be bad when this is out of warranty in 2000 miles.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

buy the lifetime bumper to bumper before you hit 36k

Quick Reply: rear brake calipers