Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Reading here makes it hard to buy a JK

Old 04-17-2007, 10:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John L
Every vehicle has problems. Get on some of the other forums for the vehicles you are thinking about buying and there is always a bitch section. I like my JK, problems and all. Just depends on how much you can tolerate.
EXACTLY! both of my mercedes were junk...had a SLK class a few years back and a 2000 CLK430... crap crap crap crap crap... all made in USA... all crap

electrical problems, brake issues, intrument cluster issues, idle, etc.

my very first mercedes however, a 95 C220, the "four Bangin Wonder" built like a tank and no problems... but it was imported from Germany... where they actually make cars
Old 04-17-2007, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07JKX
EXACTLY! both of my mercedes were junk...had a SLK class a few years back and a 2000 CLK430... crap crap crap crap crap... all made in USA... all crap

my very first mercedes however, a 95 C220, the "four Bangin Wonder" built like a tank and no problems... but it was imported from Germany... where they actually make cars
Note the common denominator...............DCX My wife's Toyota and my brother's Honda were also made in the US but they have been completely bulletproof.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:30 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Adventure
I live in Washington DC and it's horrible here. I'll be using the Jeep as a good excuse to "escape" this place on the weekends more often. 6spd in the city won't be fun but I want the manual trans because I miss shifting.
Ouch! I got stuck in Washington D.C. rush hour traffic in my F150 with standard transmission a couple years back and you're right: It wasn't fun.

Originally Posted by Adventure
Once the 2008 Factory orders are available I will be joining the ranks, I'll just replace anything I don't like with an upgraded mod.
Now that's the right attitude: Good luck!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skibum
Note the common denominator...............DCX My wife's Toyota and my brother's Honda were also made in the US but they have been completely bulletproof.
buy then again, like John L said, every vehicle has its own problem. If you go to honda or Acura forum, you'll find TONS of CRAP happen on hondas or acuras.... nothing is perfect....
Old 04-17-2007, 10:51 AM
dsy
JK Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/poll-you-happy-your-jk-3188/
Old 04-17-2007, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Ouch! I got stuck in Washington D.C. rush hour traffic in my F150 with standard transmission a couple years back and you're right: It wasn't fun.
worst I've been in was 4 miles covered in 2 hours and 14 mins.

but I sit in 30mins to 1 hour of traffic daily... one way:sad:
Old 04-17-2007, 12:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bim6180
buy then again, like John L said, every vehicle has its own problem. If you go to honda or Acura forum, you'll find TONS of CRAP happen on hondas or acuras.... nothing is perfect....
Absolutely correct......nothing is perfect. But from what I've seen looking at Toyota FJ forums, there don't seem to be as many big issues (# of vehicles with the problems) and nobody seems to be getting blown off by Toyota. Just my .02 Still don't really want an FJ though. Maybe and FJ and a sawzall?
Old 04-17-2007, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

i hear you ... but even with some problem on JK, i wouldn't get FJ.. no matter how big the engine is...that thing is as ugly as..... never mind...it's undescribable
Old 04-17-2007, 12:55 PM
JK Freak

With the exception of the interior plastic gripe, I wouldn't worry about the rest. My Freedom top does not leak, the power is similar to the 97 TJ I had (although the auto takes a little getting used to), and it seems most of the people with recent builds are having pretty good luck. As with any vehicle, there are lemons...:sad:
Old 04-17-2007, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07JKX

So if Mercedes made in Germany are "Wonders" and ones built in the US are "crap", then I gues that US workers are the problem...

Quick Reply: Reading here makes it hard to buy a JK