Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Reading here makes it hard to buy a JK

Old 04-17-2007, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The easy solution to anyone who is apprehensive about buying a JK model - DON'T BUY IT! The information on this site and others is for you to digest and make up your onw mind. Personally, I love my JK and would like it even better if it remains unique and very few people buy them. I bought it partially because not too many people drive them.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

After you take your JK where your JK was supposed to go aka offroad, you will never question if you should have bought a JK....
Old 04-17-2007, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Prichard
The easy solution to anyone who is apprehensive about buying a JK model - DON'T BUY IT! The information on this site and others is for you to digest and make up your onw mind. Personally, I love my JK and would like it even better if it remains unique and very few people buy them. I bought it partially because not too many people drive them.

I'm tired of cars, I'm tired of trucks, I've wanted a jeep since I was able to drive. I've held out for a really long time. The older I get the more I just want to be sure I'm making smart decisions and I do not want to buy into a new Jeep that doesn't hold up as well as the older ones.

I also have plans to get out this summer/fall to do some in country Adventuring, with my 1st trip scheduled to head out to The Grand Tetons in Wyoming.

I'm not just going to give up on a dream, but I can hold out for the right vehicle.

*thinks* defender 90

Last edited by Adventure; 04-17-2007 at 06:09 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Every vehicle has problems. Get on some of the other forums for the vehicles you are thinking about buying and there is always a bitch section. I like my JK, problems and all. Just depends on how much you can tolerate.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:17 AM
JK Super Freak

If you buy a Silver or Greystone JK, the paint problems are invisible.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

i was in the same boat u r. I wanted out of the fast sports car world and i have always wanted a jeep so i got one. Sure u read all the issues on here but its a small percent. Think about it... people only post on the bad things, how many post do u see about the good things? Almost none and thats because its pointless to start a thread saying "no stalls, leaks, or paint issues"

I can say i have had my jeep for over a month now. Its production was mid Nov. Its the 2 door, auto, X model. Has a 3" lift and 35" tires. This is an awsome machine. 1 tiny leak at the passenger door and that was because the soft top was sittng funny so after messing with it a few minutes its all good. Had the stall hit once for a split second and never again. Power seems to fine, off road i can monster up hills in the slick mudd no problem and I pulled out a stuck V8 Durango. I would suggest the 4.10 gears. Of coarse on the highway its slow with 35" tires, but its a Jeep... its not sopose to be fast. AND u cant beat the top down feeling!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigJerm
i was in the same boat u r. I wanted out of the fast sports car world and i have always wanted a jeep so i got one. Sure u read all the issues on here but its a small percent. Think about it... people only post on the bad things, how many post do u see about the good things? Almost none and thats because its pointless to start a thread saying "no stalls, leaks, or paint issues"

I can say i have had my jeep for over a month now. Its production was mid Nov. Its the 2 door, auto, X model. Has a 3" lift and 35" tires. This is an awsome machine. 1 tiny leak at the passenger door and that was because the soft top was sittng funny so after messing with it a few minutes its all good. Had the stall hit once for a split second and never again. Power seems to fine, off road i can monster up hills in the slick mudd no problem and I pulled out a stuck V8 Durango. I would suggest the 4.10 gears. Of coarse on the highway its slow with 35" tires, but its a Jeep... its not sopose to be fast. AND u cant beat the top down feeling!

You're discribing the Way Of Life I want to be part of. I enjoy driving very very much, in the past 2 years I haven't been enjoying it at all. I live in Washington DC and it's horrible here. I'll be using the Jeep as a good excuse to "escape" this place on the weekends more often. 6spd in the city won't be fun but I want the manual trans because I miss shifting. I currently own a 2000 Infiniti I30t, it wasn't my choice, and I'm ready to get out of the grandma-mobile.

Thanks for the reply's ladies and gents. Once the 2008 Factory orders are available I will be joining the ranks, I'll just replace anything I don't like with an upgraded mod.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adventure
You're discribing the Way Of Life I want to be part of. I enjoy driving very very much, in the past 2 years I haven't been enjoying it at all. I live in Washington DC and it's horrible here. I'll be using the Jeep as a good excuse to "escape" this place on the weekends more often. 6spd in the city won't be fun but I want the manual trans because I miss shifting. I currently own a 2000 Infiniti I30t, it wasn't my choice, and I'm ready to get out of the grandma-mobile.

Thanks for the reply's ladies and gents. Once the 2008 Factory orders are available I will be joining the ranks, I'll just replace anything I don't like with an upgraded mod.
itll be diffrent. i went from highly modified Tiburon to a Jeep. But i dont regret one bit. Just have to remember to slow down for turns
Old 04-17-2007, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07JKX
stall bug was seen by early production vehicle... as in last year

mine as well as numerous other i have run into have had no problem as far back as december builds. Mine was a january build, no issues... aside from the clunking in the drivers door. Relocated the striker plate and it is quieter, but still there. Aside from that, no issues of mention.

if you dont want to take the chance, wait till 2008. I am sure most, if not all of the gripes of 07 will be delt with by then. But on the otherhand, you will have a jeep you can drive... thats it...

personally, i like fixing the little things. It gives me something to do... that is productive. If yours doesnt have any minor issues, you will be taking stuff apart and trying to fix stuff that aint broke!

go with a hummer... j/k
Anybody who reads this forum for any length of time knows I have had nothing but trouble (stall bug included) and mine was built in January of 07. Despite the problems however, this is one fun vehicle to drive. I just hope some combination of DCX, a different dealer, and the aftermarket will step up to solve the problems
Old 04-17-2007, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

same here....went from a modified sports car, and really glad that i did

Jeep is sooo muchh fun

Quick Reply: Reading here makes it hard to buy a JK