Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

RCX 2.2 steering stabilizer reviews...

Old 11-27-2012, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCX 2.2 steering stabilizer reviews...

Anybody have any input? Gas charged vs hydraulic...I have bilstien 5100's and I would like to have the matching SS but I heard it makes you pull to the left bad and I def don't want that, some one school me on the differences and what to look for, I do no offroading all i drive is on the street but I will be putting a 3" with 35's very soon so I want something that can handle those conditions, trying to keep the ride as smooth as possible!! Thanks
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the bilstein stabilizer and bilstein shocks on my stock 11' JKUR; I personally don't think the bilsteins are anything to brag about; niether the stabilzer nor the shocks; they're better than stock but that's about it imho. Btw my stabilizer doesn't pull either way; it's in how you adjust it. If I keep this jeep long enough for there to be a next time I'll go w/ the rancho adjustable shocks and probably the fox stabilizer; both better than the bilsteins.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

bump bump bumpidy bump
Old 11-27-2012, 08:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirbdog44
Anybody have any input? Gas charged vs hydraulic...I have bilstien 5100's and I would like to have the matching SS but I heard it makes you pull to the left bad and I def don't want that, some one school me on the differences and what to look for, I do no offroading all i drive is on the street but I will be putting a 3" with 35's very soon so I want something that can handle those conditions, trying to keep the ride as smooth as possible!! Thanks
I'm very happy running dual Bilsteins on the RCX mount. The RC 2.2's were junk, tossed the RC 2.2's for bilsteins. Feel NOTICEABLY nicer all around for me. Like Wayalife has mentioned here too, shocks that are Hydro are old technology. Just affordable. The ride and performance of gas is great (IMO). Fox is coming out with a sweet looking new SS some time in 2013 that's a single stabilizer, that eliminates the pulling to the side issue. Topic of SS here seem to be a touchy and controversial subject. For me, in my opinion, etc disclaimer......... I love the dual Bilstein set up, works awesome
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010648.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	392926Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010646.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	392927

Quick Reply: RCX 2.2 steering stabilizer reviews...