Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rattle in door pillar

Old 05-25-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was getting the dreaded b pillar clunk. Sprayed my door latch with white lithium grease, slammed the door a few times, wiped of excess, CLUNK IS GONE!

It was drivin me nuts!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

Put up with the B pillar clunk for about 5 months just to see if it would get louder or ever appear when I was running doors off. It never did either. A couple of weeks ago I had another bit of warranty work that merited a trip to the shop. Put the clunk on the list, dealer adjusted the latch and no clunk for the ensuing two weeks . I have electrical tape and white lithium grease on hand and waiting for it to reappear.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:51 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Now that it's 2 years with the original tape on all 5 door strikers, I am still amazed at how quiet the JK is going over bumps on and off road.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Holy crap, I think I posted in thread nearly 2 years ago when I had my rattle..but the only thing that worked for me was adjusting the striker. I just adjusted it forward (to the front) and its been quiet since. Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 05-25-2010, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bosox5
Holy crap, I think I posted in thread nearly 2 years ago when I had my rattle..but the only thing that worked for me was adjusting the striker. I just adjusted it forward (to the front) and its been quiet since. Hope this helps.

Mike
Quality never goes out of style.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

im still running with the little bit of electrical tape on the striker for close to a year now and no clunk...

still have the same 2 holes drilled in my mirrors and water still comes out.....

all 4 doors are are still hangin up in the garage where they belong in the summer.....

-Christopher
Old 05-30-2010, 01:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had the dealer do the TSB greasing of my door catches. nice and Quiet now.
Go to your dealer and get it done. While they are at it they can replace your recalled steering stabalizer.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unreal-- this has been driving me nuts from the passenger side. 10 cents worth of electrical tape solved it. Will let the dealer "fix" on my next visit.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
08 Sahara Unlimited .. I have an annoying rattle high in the door pillar on the drivers side. Sounds like its coming from just under the seatbelt holder.
Any ideas?
Sounds like a wiring harness plug bouncing around behind there but haven't figured out how to get that panel piece off without busting it..
i wasnt about to read 31 pages.. but check the zipper on your roll bar cover contacting your roll bar.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the clunk but fixed it with the electric tape. I have noticed however over the last couple of days another noise that sounds like its coming from the corner of the door up high above my left ear.

I thoght it might be the plastic covering the pillar so I played around with that with no luck so far.

Anyone have any ideas? It sounds like plastic lightly rattling on metal.

Quick Reply: Rattle in door pillar