Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rattle in door pillar

Old 11-30-2008, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah look at the right ups. theres one there to fix the seat belt housing.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:56 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rattle in B pillar

I had a rattle in the B pillar, it wasnt the door striker. It sounded like it was right next to my ear, not the actual door catch. After two trips to the Jeep dealer, they worked through the issue and found that a small clip had fallen into the B pillar during assembly, I was glad they found it....it was driving me crazy.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:57 AM
JK Super Freak

I took it to my dealer and they sprayed the special lubricant that is indicated on the TSB and the noise is gone! Been about 2-3 weeks now and still gone. Hopefully it stays away!

Now i just have to find the rattle in the dash.....it only happens when its warm outside so haven't heard it for a couple weeks now.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rattle

All of my rattles are gone, Finally......There was a loose chunk of metal in the bow of my soft top, every time i took a corner it sounded like the freewheel on a ten speed bike.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Default grease probably temp fix

Originally Posted by jiminma
Go back to your dealer and show him this, see what he has to say now.

Jim in MA
thanks for posting TSB!

think the grease is about $35 from mopar. this seems like a temporary fix since grease tends to migrate over time. i asked dealer to replace the latches, and they did, and no more rattle.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thunk in Door Pillar

I have the same thunk in my driver side door pillar. It's not the freedom top, not the soft top, not the doors....I have have had them all off and still get the thunk. I am going to bring it back to the dealer, unless someone knows an easy fix.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same issue, more like a squeak though, f#@%ing annoying!!!! Told the dealer, they greased it up real good with this white frosting looking stuff (special sauce ), and it seemed to cure the issue. If it comes back I'm asking about new hardware.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ssbartley1
There was a loose chunk of metal in the bow of my soft top, every time i took a corner it sounded like the freewheel on a ten speed bike.
I have the same thing, but only hear it when I have the top folded down. How'd you fix that one?
Old 12-11-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Default new...but fixed

Hi, I am new to the forums... I have been reading for a while now, but I had nothing to contribute, I didnt know much. Now, I still dont know much, but have learned much. ANYWAYS... I was going to present myself in another section, but before that, I want to include a PICTURE of THIS FIX, I did it, and havent heard a thing since. Thanks guys, It doesnt sound anymore. Ill present myself in the other section. Peace. here is the pic (tell me what u think...it worked for me, correct me if Im wrong in anything).....

Last edited by jchaves; 12-11-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:50 PM
22x
JK Newbie

After reading this thread I thought I would try something ,so I grab a can of lsp 1 lube I got from a nut and bolt place and spayed the latches on the door , closed it 3 or 4 times. went and test drove it where I have always heard the " clunk" and it has seamed to have fixed it for now. I have 2 08 jeeps (1 4dr and 1 2dr). So I did the 4 door next and got the same result for now. I will have to drive it a few days to make sure it will work for a while. I think it may not be the striker but as simple as part of the latch not releasing back into position once you have closed the door. Kind of like something that is spring loaded and getting stuck loosely touching on the striker.

Quick Reply: Rattle in door pillar