Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

random request

Old 07-08-2011, 10:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't tow nothin' without an auxillary tranny cooler, if you have an auto....
Old 07-08-2011, 10:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ludski
the dana 44 is on rubico yes. but only on the front. all wranglers have 44 rear. but only rubicon have 44 front.
Rubi 44's are different than non-rubi 44's if im not mistaken. Different spline counts
Old 07-09-2011, 02:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Red08JK
... it also shows XEWP 2 Front & 1 Rear Tow Hooks?, saw something that confused me though. sorry for the ignorance but it also says Next Gen. Dana 44 HD Rear Axle. I thought the next gen Dana 44 HD rear axle was on the Rubi?
In early years the rear tow hook had to be deleted in order to install the factory tow package. It would still show on the build sheet, but the tow package would require its removal.

The rear Rubi D44 axle is slightly different than the non-Rubi's. But, don't let that term "next gen" or "HD" fool you. The Rubi transfer case is described in the parts manual as "Generation I" and the non-Rubi's are "Generation II". Those are just terms sort of like "executive", "professional", etc. My X has the same description for the rear axle on its window sticker. I suspect that product marketers have more say in what goes on there than engineers--and they are more interested in selling the customer than being clear and forthright (From my USAF contract negotiations days: Know how to tell if a marketer is lying to you? Check to see if his lips are moving).

Quick Reply: random request