Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

random loss of electrics when releasing the clutch

Old 02-10-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it isn't only from a dead stop. once in rush hour traffic i was moving too slow for third gear that I was in. it almost died till I pushed in on the clutch. then the lights flashed and the bat. light stayed on. it seems like the alt. stops charging the battery unless you turn off the ignition then it re-sets and all is well.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mudpunk
it isn't only from a dead stop. once in rush hour traffic i was moving too slow for third gear that I was in. it almost died till I pushed in on the clutch. then the lights flashed and the bat. light stayed on. it seems like the alt. stops charging the battery unless you turn off the ignition then it re-sets and all is well.
True...while it happens to me mostly from a stand still, it has happened to me in this situation as well.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Freak

I have it happen a few times a week. I've checked all the grounds, replaced the cable ends and the battery. I'm gonna go with the ECU seeing a drop in RPM and pulling power. I try to baby my clutch and don't give it enough gas when starting off, so I think I'm doing it to myself. Just my on the subject.

Quick Reply: random loss of electrics when releasing the clutch