Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Random Chirp?

Old 03-18-2011, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Chirp?

Hi all, got a '10 JKU manual last December and I'm lovin it! Been reading tons on here and thanks to all for the great info/forum.

I want to know what the chirp is about.

I've noticed that every now and then, when I open a door (even rear gate), the horn goes off (as a chirp). It goes off as I press the door open button on the door handle. Sounds as if a security system was being turned on or off. Chirp is random...very random. Thought I'd figure it out, but I must admit, I am baffled by this one.

I don't have auto locks or security...no gimmicks like power windows, power locks, nav etc.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2011, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have an 07, and i have had that too. Very random, maybe happened 3 or 4 times since 07. Very weird...
Old 03-19-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How ''sensitive'' is your horn button? Sounds silly but due to manufacturing variances a vehicle's horn button clearances can be so small that a good jar can let the contacts touch and chirp the horn. The horn button operates with a horizontal movement while most road jarring is vertical, hence the horn doesn't blow while driving. My horn has to be stood on to make it work.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Doubt very much it's the horn button. No banging or anything, just the push of the door open button. Thanks

Quick Reply: Random Chirp?