Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rainy day leaks....

Old 01-20-2014, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell me about it...
Probably one the most annoying things..
Old 01-20-2014, 09:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RUBICON7313
Tell me about it... Probably one the most annoying things..
Like I said. My leak has been fixed 14 times. Including a new hardtop and all new seals. Still leaks and the people at jeep corporate just don't care
Old 01-22-2014, 10:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default my 2011 leaked my 2012 dosent they told me they all do when i had my leak issue

its not true they don't all leak and that's the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard of your rear bumper lol
Chryslers falling into the same thing they are trying to do with America (sorry for your frustrations sir ) get the roofing tar out lol or even better standing seam metal roofing and forget about getting a new roof from them theywont replace it they will claim the next one will be the same so no sence to costing Chrysler 2000 dollars

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-22-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No sure if this helps with an answer but I have had this same problem and figured out what caused it. When it rains hard, some of the water can work its way under the back window flap and gets the fabric around the zipper wet- when that gets saturated its starts to drip and it drips right on top of my subwoofer. It only happens when it downpours or at the car wash. I don't know what a good solution would be except to waterproof the fabric around the zipper. It has absolutely nothing to do with a bumper.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ill add this ! on my 2011 that leaked

I bought mopar convertible protectant and its made for the seams and fabric and it surely helped 90% try it it smells but they sold me a bottle for 20 bucks and im thinkin here I am paying them again when they should be buying me the bottle but it realy did work well inside and outside all your xippers seams top and inside seams spray it good let it penetrate into the seams good wipe it on with a rag whatever but good stuff

Quick Reply: Rainy day leaks....