Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rain annoyance

Old 03-07-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, the design of this soft top fits somewhere between a 95YJ and 97TJ, my TJ top never leaked a drop inside.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:59 PM
JK Freak

Well I just endured my first heavy rain with my brand new JK soft top, to include some pretty serious sleet and freezing rain. No problems, dry as bone, knock on wood.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whatroads
My hard top does this too. I'm wondering if it is as bad if the JK actually sat level instead of nose down? Guess I'll find out when I get around to lifting mine
Pretty much seems to be. As long as there is a steady rain it makes the:

Originally Posted by inajeep
.....cold stream of piss that goes right down my leg and in my jeep....
Old 03-08-2008, 01:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, you guys just re-pissed me off about this. I just spent three monsoon days with no doors and a bestop safari on. I finally put the doors on to get some relief and when i pushed up on the roof to get the water off...wham, like 30 gallons of leafy green water poured over the side and because I put the doors on it just cascaded over the gap in the softop and into the cabin.
I now wear waterproof pants over my suit to go to work..... People think I'm special....
Old 03-08-2008, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

How about with half doors any time it rains it leaks inside from that very gutter point. At first I thought (and looks like chrysler thought as well) that the weather stripping was just too big and made a fold that let water in. But after having to buy another window, and noticing that they cut that corner down. It still leaks.

So it is safe to ride year around with the drain plugs out right?
Old 03-08-2008, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today was the first day I had a chance to really check this problem out. Water is trapped in this tray because there is a block at the rear so I am going to drill a small hole at an angle and downward to see if that will help get rid of the front corner runoff. Maybe with the finger swipe as well as a hole at the rear, it might work better. IF not, then I can fill it with silicone.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Wink

Here's a thought seeing as how that little gutter does nothing but annoy alot of us, I'll try it myself when I get back to work on monday. A little black RTV silicon sealent just a dab at the end of the gutter should keep the water there. Plus silicon is waterproof, Ohhhhh booooy!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CoastGuard
Here's a thought seeing as how that little gutter does nothing but annoy alot of us, I'll try it myself when I get back to work on monday. A little black RTV silicon sealent just a dab at the end of the gutter should keep the water there. Plus silicon is waterproof, Ohhhhh booooy!

good idea!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CoastGuard
I may be confused. Are we talking about the 3 piece hard top of the soft top? If the hard top, are we talking about water pouring in from the front of the gutter, near the windshield, or the rear, near the B pillar? I looked at my hard top and the end of the gutter at the windshied comes to a "V" and is closed off. Sounds like some of you are saying that the end is open. Please help my confusion. I have a 2008.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

You'll dry.

Quick Reply: Rain annoyance