Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rain annoyance

Old 03-07-2008, 12:56 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by neeves
... into the car? ...
What make/model of car would that be? Or did you just kill a kitten? We prefer to call Jeeps "Jeeps". Not cars, trucks, SUVs, etc. Jeeps. A good generic term is "vehicle".

And remember to wave when you see a Jeep.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Good job on kitten patrol Mark.

Yes, I too have "Toledo Falls"... with the soft-top on, a quick shake removes a lot of the water. With the hard-top, it really doesn't work so well.

I'm alternately amused and pissed about it... if it's warm weather, it's an amusement, but when it's cold, my soaking-wet left leg is not a happy camper. I have no fix to offer - just my condolences as a fellow Jeeper.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive never had this problem with the soft top.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Default hmmm

I thougt It was just me.... My hardtop doesn't leak, knocking on wood, so I can live with some water right there... IF it bothered me, I would get some black silicone, well I wouldn't care what colour, and mold it around the front, so no more drip, and then brake the resivour at the back end, and make a channel so it would drip down the rear windows, I don't know about you four door guys, just keep going?
Old 03-07-2008, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by neeves
Have you all noticed that when its raining and the door is open that the little gutter on the side part of the hard top lets the water pour right into the car?

Just wondering if anyone has done anything to overcome that or if there is any product out there to divert the flow.
My daughter found this out yesterday.

She was not happy.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn't call it drips it's more like a cold stream of piss that goes right down my leg and in my jeep. Today it's suppose to rain 2-4"s. So I'll try the finger swipe trick. Overall a poor design of that track.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

I noticed that with my hardtop. Whenever I open the door and its raining I always say WTF. I dont know why they have that "gutter" stop right in the middle of the door opening. Well Its soon spring time and time for the soft top!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

My hard top does this too. I'm wondering if it is as bad if the JK actually sat level instead of nose down? Guess I'll find out when I get around to lifting mine
Old 03-07-2008, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

You would think, That with all the electric crap they have on them. Traction control, skid control, Anti roll, and so on..... They would build in device that would make it shake like a wet dog.. Whats one more add on... :
Old 03-07-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by putnam dan
this is a Jeep thing the TJ does exactly the same
no it doesn't. The JK floor bows out past the top so the water falls like that. The TJ doesn't bow or have water come in like that. nor does the YJ or the CJ. Water comes down but not in the vehicle, like the JK.

Quick Reply: Rain annoyance