Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Radiator shot, which one to replace with?

Old 11-12-2021, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anything wrong with Oreilly/Autozone/Advance? They all seem to sell one that has a Lifetime Warranty?
Old 11-13-2021, 01:19 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Originally Posted by medicjwilson
Anything wrong with Oreilly/Autozone/Advance? They all seem to sell one that has a Lifetime Warranty?
One thing to think about when it comes to "lifetime warranty" is that doesn't mean it's that much better, just that it will be replaced on a failure. It's not terrible to replace a radiator, but if your new rad failed in a year and you had to replace it, and then maybe it failed in the following 18 months and you had to warranty it again, how would you start feeling about that "lifetime warranty"? I can't speak to those radiators in general.....anything is pretty much a gamble on these things. I'd tell most people to just go with the mopar unit. We're in the same town. When my factory unit went I threw in a cheap OSC radiator. It really struggled in the summer temps, but I run at a higher rpm and have an inefficient jeep in many aspects. That does not mean that a non-Mopar unit wouldn't be fine in your jeep. I currently have an aluminum Griffin radiator. At the time it was about the same price as the Mopar one.
Old 11-13-2021, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mopar one runs $349 right now on QT with a 12 month warranty. I'm not sure I'd mind too much wrenching on the Jeep if I could say for sure that I saved $350 bucks each time I did it. Adds up after a few years.

Are they really made in different factories? or made by the same person and licensed to different names.

Quick Reply: Radiator shot, which one to replace with?