Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

radiator fan imbalance after mud / freedom top screw failure

Old 02-20-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator fan imbalance after mud / freedom top screw failure

2 days with the Rubicon, and I took it out to play and check it out.

After running a couple short trails and really geting to know the JK, we ran through a couple of small holes. I have never ran BFG M/Ts... so I had no idea how they would work in the sloppy mud that was present. They did really good. After getting some momentum going on s pretty sloppy deep section, the entire dash began to shake. I revved the engine and it didnt change the vibration, so I knew it was the fan. When I got out and looked, the entire radiator assembly was shaking in it's mounts until the fan went off. I looked, and surprisingly, there was very little mud in there! Anyway, I poured some water on it... we were right by the boat ramp at the river.. all gone. guess I gotta hang a splash guard or something.

Earlier that day, I was trying to remove the front half of the top. Driver side came off fine. Pass side hand screw turned about 3/4 turn and seized. Not good. Trip back to dealer.

Quick Reply: radiator fan imbalance after mud / freedom top screw failure