Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Radiator Fan HELP!!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by lazersnthjungle
Thanks for the link to the other thread, my friend. Good stuff and I appreciate your helping the newbie (me).

I've been curious about the 'missing' engine fan since the first time I popped the hood on the JK.

I learned about the 'steady state' gauges through water cooled motorcycles. They are the industry norm now. My '96 XJ Cherokee would track the temperature through the thermostat opening and any 10-15˚ change. Not these gauges: all "normal" over about a hundred degree spread.
I have tracked the JK's water temp gauge as it rises after a cold start. There is a correlation between needle position and water temp.
As you know, though, once it reaches operating temp, the computer doesn't allow the needle to move as long as the temp remains in a safe range.

Quick Reply: Radiator Fan HELP!!