Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Radiator Cap Leak?

Old 02-22-2020, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator Cap Leak?

My new to me 2007 JK is exhibiting some 2-weekitis (2 weeks old from the area chop shop, used car dealer).

Noticed some coolant coming from the rad. cap. Cleaned it off and sure enough after a 20 min highway drive, there was another couple drops ....coming right from under the cap.
The cap looks new....possibly the cap is defective or the wrong sized, pressure rating?
Sure doesn't look like a bad radiator. This a little leak, not enough to reach the ground....still plays on your mind

Ideas?

Last edited by hinmo; 02-22-2020 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

RockAuto has the cap for like $5 and locally it's under $10. Id just buy a new one and slap it on. It's not worth the hassle. I replace them all the time with AC Delco professional when I order from Rock. I think it's $3.50
Old 02-23-2020, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx - checked it further today when it was cool - does not appear to have a crack in the neck ...and the cap seems to fit loosely
Old 02-24-2020, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the same problem. A new cap fixed mine right up. $7.00 if I remember correctly.

Quick Reply: Radiator Cap Leak?