Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Question regarding tires on my JK..

Old 02-23-2012, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you like the tires, at least you researched and asked questions, let us know what you think when you get them on.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by warvuk
Glad you like the tires, at least you researched and asked questions, let us know what you think when you get them on.
thanks, and they are on now so will send updates, post pics if anybody wants to see. Had them on a major highway today, dry pave, but smooth, etc. That is to be expected. Snow expected tomorrow so if it does, I have travelling to do so will see how they perform and let you guys know..
Old 02-23-2012, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redsfan
well, I bit the bullet on stock size Hankook Dynapro ATM RF 10's...apparently these are impossible to come by in the Toronto area and are back ordered now until May. The Dealer had 1 set of stock 255/70/18's, so instead of waiting for the wider tire, I said sure why not. My fronts were pretty shot and with a storm tomorrow didn't want to chance it. I did look at the Duratrac's as they had a set for me, but the price would probably be $300 more. The tire does look great, but only comes in a 10 ply in Canada, so I would have to inflate to around 50PSI at least. This would probably have it run a bit more rough and possibly wear down a bit more I think, so I decided to pass....

The Hankook had a nice quiet soft drive so far today, and will see how it handles in snow tomorrow.
Thanks for all the tips guys!
Glad you like them so far. It seems to have a pretty aggressive tread for an at, great for dual purpose and any kind of commute.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grayandashleyunlimited
Glad you like them so far. It seems to have a pretty aggressive tread for an at, great for dual purpose and any kind of commute.
yeah it's not bad for an A/T..the Dura's are sweet though! If I was into off roading would probably have bought them
Old 02-24-2012, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Reds, could you post a couple pictures that show he tire well?
Old 02-25-2012, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 10JKUsah
Reds, could you post a couple pictures that show he tire well?
sure when I have a chance early next week i will. I am at a Sales Show for a few days but back Tuesday...

Had them in minor light snows last couple of days and okay in 2WD, bit of slippage which is to be expected around corners only. In 4H they really grab....
Old 02-25-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy

Can you post a pic of a side view?
I didn't forget about you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3064194091.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	282063  
Old 02-25-2012, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YJ207JK
I didn't forget about you.
they look good as well, pretty similar to the ones I bought...kind of regret not waiting on the wider profile but they seem good value either way...

Quick Reply: Question regarding tires on my JK..