Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Question regarding tires on my JK..

Old 02-17-2012, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gowheelin
This is a link to tire calculator. I think they will be 33" whichgets close. So no one can say for sure. you can have them put the tires on and run them. if it rubs then you could have them throw on a set for you.

http://www.bncoffroad.com/tire_gear_cal.html
yeah it comes out to 33.157......If I go ahead with these I would have to buy them from a store that will throw them on for me. Thanks for the link.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lotus F1
Just buy the 1.5" Spacers from either Rough Country or Spidertrax and be done with it. They won't fail if you follow the install instructions on or off road. They are stronger then the wheel itself. Most wheel departures turn out to be user error

Attachment 279173
probably right, I am trying to be cheap at the same time buy a nice tire. Sucks that choices aren't great in stock size I guess
Old 02-17-2012, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

would it be advisable to maybe go with: 275/65/18's in these? Overall tire diam size comes out very close to the stocks. However, I drop from 70 to 65. So the height is a bit shorter I guess?
Old 02-17-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redsfan
would it be advisable to maybe go with: 275/65/18's in these? Overall tire diam size comes out very close to the stocks. However, I drop from 70 to 65. So the height is a bit shorter I guess?
Yes that would probably work. It is a smaller diameter tire. Kinda defeats the nicer look filing out the wheel well.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lotus F1
Yes that would probably work. It is a smaller diameter tire. Kinda defeats the nicer look filing out the wheel well.
had to ruin my party huh? LOL...
Old 02-17-2012, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

I want to get the Duratracs for my next set of winter tires. I like the deep tread and bigger blocks for digging through the deeper snow. I've got tame winter treads right now and I go all over the place when the snow gets a few inches deep.
Side note: I've got the Spidertrax spacers on my wheels and haven't had any problems. I also run Hankook Dynapro MT's in the summer and I think they're great.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Do not use the cheap slide on spacers on road or off. The lug nut has a smaller area to grab hold of and will eventually fail. I was riding in a car that had these when they failed and still have the scars. Not something you want with three kids.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running 295/65/18 Duratrac's. I had minimal rubbing at full flex but eventually went with the 1.5" spidertrax spacers to give me the clearance I needed to avoid any rubbing that was occurring. These are great tires and I highly recommend them.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

are the Trac's considered a Winter Tire? I really do not want to break the bank on some tires but love these ones. Would be tempted to see if I can just use them as stock, and not need spacers at all. Simply my everyday vehicle but ah well...
Old 02-17-2012, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe they are one of the few with the snowflake symbol on the sidewall. And on the website they rate snow traction as a 10.

Quick Reply: Question regarding tires on my JK..