Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Question for Owners of 6 Speed Diesel JKs

Old 11-27-2010, 02:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a diesel but plenty of guys do where I am (Australia).

Though the 6-speed transmission is the same, the bell housing is definitely different from the V6's (from the factory the CRDs run a dual mass flywheel and a completely different clutch kit to the V6) and from reading threads on similar questions on forums where I am I think (not 100% sure) that the tailshaft is a different length, which would suggest the transmission mounts in a different position on the frame to the V6 (though I could be wrong on this point).

Only other issue I could think of is if you got a CDR motor from a right-hand drive country then the under-hood plumbing for the turbo, inter-cooler, airbox, etc would be different as it's all designed to fit around the steering shaft, brake booster, etc which is on the other side (the RIIP supercharger kits for the V6 for example are completely different for RHD vehicles to the ones for US vehicles). Also try to get one from an auto, as they're tuned to put out 460Nm (340Lb/Ft) of torque compared with 410Nm (302Lb/Ft) for the manual.

Quick Reply: Question for Owners of 6 Speed Diesel JKs