Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Putting doors back on

Old 06-23-2012, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skidster

That sounds like experience talking. Just how much does one door weight? Has anyone ever weighted one? I haven't taken the doors off yet, but it's coming...

I usually improvise when it come to doing this... But it almost always ends up with one hand at the bottom and the other one on the window frame. Pretty easy but Id say that an average woman cant take the front doors off.

Last edited by duffyboby; 06-23-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Skidster
That sounds like experience talking. Just how much does one door weight? Has anyone ever weighted one? I haven't taken the doors off yet, but it's coming...
Cant imagine the power doors being more than 60 pounds each, I've never actually weighed one but it feels like a more awkwardly shaped 60-65 pound dumbbell when its in my hands.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:33 AM
JK Newbie

When reinstalling the doors, do you rub any grease on the hinges so they are easier to pull out next time?
Old 06-27-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jebb846
When reinstalling the doors, do you rub any grease on the hinges so they are easier to pull out next time?
I added a little white lithium grease to mine.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jebb846
I only clean and grease the hinges when I'm putting them back on for the winter, but yeah, i would suggest this

Quick Reply: Putting doors back on