Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Purchase Decisions.....another 11 vs 12 help!

Old 09-23-2014, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if you got the 12 id surely look it over and also research it to make sure that it doesnt have the bad head issue many experienced on the 12s.. or if it did then has it been replaced / repaired already...

without bumper to bumper warranty I wouldnt want to have to fight over powertrain warranty claim to get a head replaced.

like others have said a new one may also be the way to go.. esp a leftover 14. 0% financing, incentives, talking down the dealer, make a new one look pretty reasonable right now

-Christopher
Old 09-23-2014, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 11 was a one year deal with the "old" motor (3.8) and the newer computer...I always about these one year systems.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
if you got the 12 id surely look it over and also research it to make sure that it doesnt have the bad head issue many experienced on the 12s.. or if it did then has it been replaced / repaired already... without bumper to bumper warranty I wouldnt want to have to fight over powertrain warranty claim to get a head replaced. like others have said a new one may also be the way to go.. esp a leftover 14. 0% financing, incentives, talking down the dealer, make a new one look pretty reasonable right now -Christopher
Shouldn't be any fighting over the powertrain warranty. Good for 100,000 miles. Left head warranty extended to 150,000 miles. Thankfully my 2012 with almost 50,000 miles still runs as good as mew. No tick.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For real look for a leftover '14. I picked up a Sahara unlimited, only options auto and hardtop. MSRP $35400 and I got it for $29k on 2.4% APR. That's a $6400 discount.

2-3 year old Saharas here are being listed for 30k if in good condition with low miles. Haggle it down a few grand and I thought it was a no brainer to get the new one.

You won't find as much discount on 2015s though. Also you have to be willing to not be picky if you want a really good deal that a dealer may want to get rid of off the lot.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all of the great advice! I'm going to check out the 2014's. I just checked their site and they have a few 14's left, but get this, 3 Dragon editions! Unless they pull of the stickers, I can't see me in it. I bet I could get a great deal only because I know they have been sitting there a long time. I was searching around a few months back and they had 3 at the time. Maybe go old school and throw on a Dasiy Duke Golden Eagle on the hood and call it a throwback!

We will see....maybe a 14 would be a great deal and get in that 0% interest rate.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cobra2top
Thanks for all of the great advice! I'm going to check out the 2014's. I just checked their site and they have a few 14's left, but get this, 3 Dragon editions! Unless they pull of the stickers, I can't see me in it. I bet I could get a great deal only because I know they have been sitting there a long time. I was searching around a few months back and they had 3 at the time. Maybe go old school and throw on a Dasiy Duke Golden Eagle on the hood and call it a throwback!

We will see....maybe a 14 would be a great deal and get in that 0% interest rate.
Oh yeah, the place I bought from had two Dragon editions, with giant markdowns ($8k), but yuck. No reason to pay for that, even if it were free I wouldn't take it...no wonder they're left over.

I haven't seen 0% anywhere, Chrysler's 0% seems to exclude the Wrangler and only apply to the other Jeeps. The lowest rates are always at Capital One, right now 2.4%, so if you can get that matched I'd say you're OK. For used you will be paying more interest, so do an amortization and see how much more and count that as a 'discount' on a new vs used (assuming you go through the whole loan term).

Quick Reply: Purchase Decisions.....another 11 vs 12 help!