Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Pulled a fuse out while jeep was running and now wont start

Old 07-16-2012, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pirate
Do you know anybody with a jeep that you can borrow the relay from? Did you try r and r the relay? Did you check to make sure all the sockets/terminals are good? As well have you checked the fuel pump relay?
I think your gonna need to find someone with a obd2 reader and clear what ever codes are in memory. Have you tried to see if your getting pressure at the fuel rail?
Ya I've checked all the fuses and all the terminal connections and I have had the fuel lines off and no fuel comes out I think your right need to find a computer scanner.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blade
Sounds like you might have shorted your TIPM(Totally Integrated Power Module). That is the only thing I can think of that would cause your problem, as it is the only thing that controls your fuel, spark, and starter.
How if any do you check to see if it's shorted out?
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Have you tried starting it in 4lo? I know in man it will start in lo without the clutch, it could be the same with an auto?
No I haven't tried to start it in 4 low
Old 07-16-2012, 02:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gecko07
How if any do you check to see if it's shorted out?
You have to make a trip to the dealer. Sorry to be the one to have to point you in that direction.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blade

You have to make a trip to the dealer. Sorry to be the one to have to point you in that direction.
Ya I kind of figured that was what I was going to have to do thanks for the help
Old 07-16-2012, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hopefully once you get there it won't be too painful.
I've run out of quick checks to do, and every thing else is gonna cost money and maybe not fix it. The dealer sounds like its gonna be the best bet now. Let us know what the issue is when you find out!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Hopefully once you get there it won't be too painful.
I've run out of quick checks to do, and every thing else is gonna cost money and maybe not fix it. The dealer sounds like its gonna be the best bet now. Let us know what the issue is when you find out!
Well I appreciate the help thanks and I will let yous now as soon as I get it checked out

thanks again
Old 07-16-2012, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dosen't turning the key off an on 3x quickly show the codes on the odometer? Leave it on on the last turn (on as in power not start). You won't be able to clear codes but you will know what they are.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dayman
Dosen't turning the key off an on 3x quickly show the codes on the odometer? Leave it on on the last turn (on as in power not start). You won't be able to clear codes but you will know what they are.
Ya I think so I just found out about that and I just found a sight that gives me all the code meanings but it's dark here now and I dont have a garage just working outside so I will check that tomorrow night

Thanks
Old 07-16-2013, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Found out a while ago about what was causing my jeep to not start it was In a security lock out mode the computer thought someone was trying to steel it so it locked me out just needed to be rebooted and it run great for a few months till I hit a mud hole too fast and hydro locked the motor and now I'm
Looking for a new motor if anyone knows anyone that has one kicking around that would be sweet.

Quick Reply: Pulled a fuse out while jeep was running and now wont start