Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Pshycotic Squeek in Dash

Old 07-15-2015, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pshycotic Squeek in Dash

Took my Jk off road a few months ago and ever since then it has had a ridiculously annoying squeak in dash. It sounds like a metal on metal squeak. I can't exactly pinpoint where as it's hard to pinpoint it due to the reflections from the glass. I took it to dealer and he thought it might be something loose mounted to the firewall. And for a "small" fee and a couple days they could fix it. Before that happens, has anybody run into this?
Old 07-15-2015, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Is it a sharp squeak, or more of a rattle? I had a rattle in mine for the longest time, it sounded like it was coming from directly in front of me. It turned out to be a torn flap on of the the in-cabin air filter, located behind the glove box. It can be really hard to tell where the noises in the dash are coming from with all the defroster duct work in there. Hope this helps.

Happy Jeeping!
Old 07-15-2015, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its definitely a sharp squeak. It sounds like I'm hauling a trailer inside the cabin.

Quick Reply: Pshycotic Squeek in Dash