Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: Problems with your jk?
yes, stuff really broke!!!
17.14%
yes, but minor problem!!
37.14%
no, problems!!!
43.81%
there might be a problem!
1.90%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Problems with jeep

Old 05-08-2010, 09:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with jeep

how many people have had problems with there jk? please list ur problem and if you had any, me throw out bearing 12,000 miles, and 3rd gear keeps popping out

Last edited by zero_traction69; 05-08-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

freedom top leak-rubber lining changed under warranty

1st gear pops out-changed piece in tranny under warranty

lug nut caps broke off, 9 of them, replaced under warranty

continuous squeaking noise while driving, but would disappear as soon as my foot touched the clutch-but stopped after transmission part changed.

tow hooks have minor rust on the edges, as well as small rust spots on brand new front mopar winch bumper.

all this in one year/32450 km. i blame chrysler for all the problems because of how they follow suit with third world outsourcing for parts. i mean i still have a hard time knowing my stock rims are MADE IN CHINA.

who knows what else is gonna break or malfunction due to cheaper, low quality materials and workmanship.

but hey i still LOVE my Jeep!!!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

No problems here....but then again I've owned my jeep for about a year and only put 10,000 miles on it..

I could imagine that if I was like the o/p and had 20,000+ miles on mine in a year there could have been some issues.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2nd jk now, no problems with my 08, and so far no problems with my 10, sister in law has an 08 mall crawler and no problems either.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:03 AM
JK Super Freak

so far so good.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:08 AM
JK Junkie

minor stuff. soft top zipper, header panel on the soft top.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

Replaced front seals and timing chain cover (3000 miles)

Replaced Rear Seals (5000 miles) broken shifter benzel while working on

Cam sensor went out (9000 Miles)
Old 05-09-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Freak

within the first 10k i had to replace front diff seal, something in both front axles because the had this horrible nails on chalk board sound (i forget exactly what it was i have the paper work somewhere). and randomly it would start funny and then turn off. had steering stabilizer replaced because of a clunk in the system ( only when the wheel turns left or you hit a bump on the highway)

within 20k the soft top was ripping off at the top and there was a weird sound coming from underneath the car only when it was cold though. had steering stablilzer replaced because of a clunk in the system.

by 25k(new dealer) it was making those popping sounds it only made when it was cold before now it was all the time, that made it easier to diagnose that it was coming from the cats. all of the cats in the system were replaced.

30k: Clunk is back, I showed dealer the stabilizer was replaced twice, he said there was a new revision one and that he would test it. He put the new one on, it still has a clunk to the left, he told me to replace it with an aftermarket one that the stock ones are junk. I read on the forum that you could take apart the first bar in the steering system and lube the crap out of it and put the boot back on, i performed the mod it helped dampen the clunk a lot.

36k: Back from Iraq clunk is still there oh well, i got it lifted 2.5 procomp, replaced the front steering bar(between the 2 tierods) because my aftermarked (RCX) stabilizer rubbed while i was gone. I ordered a ORV stabilizer and the knuckle thing from quadratec and there is now no way for it to rub and there is a beefier stabilizer. after the alignment for the lift the clunk was gone completely, the car was very tight steering wize and i loved it.

36.5K: back from a road trip to the falls in the area, it seemed like it was hard to steer, maybe alittle bump steer but it was very windy and there are these grooves in that push me around alittle in my subaru so who knows, i may just try the lube trick again to get the clunk(which is back) to go away.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Uwe
JK Newbie

Default Unable to power off the engine

while the head lights were switched on. The reason was a faulty day light cabling/electronics. Since this has been removed no other problems so far.
This would be a JK Unlimited, 2009, it has now ca. 10'000 miles or 16'000 km
Old 05-09-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Junkie

At just over 25K miles the only problems I have had is what I have broken on the trail and have completely been my fault.

Quick Reply: Problems with jeep