Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Power steering problem?

Old 01-25-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power steering problem?

I am going to have my power steering checked out soon but wanted to get some input. When I am first starting out or when moving slowly if i apply moderate to full steering either way I get what feels like loss of power steering. Most the time it happens when pulling into or out of a parking spot. It doesnt happen all the time but more times than not. The power steering fluid level is fine. From what I have read I dont think this is the same as the "clunk" that everyone describes in the steering shaft, but not 100%. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a faulty pump to me. Does it have any leaks around the seals or are they wet?
Old 01-25-2010, 01:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mikesjk
Sounds like a faulty pump to me. Does it have any leaks around the seals or are they wet?
Bingo...
Give the man a cigar.

Gr8gugly,
Take it in... this was my issue and it was a quick fix (if they have the part on hand)

Quick Reply: Power steering problem?