Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Power locks on factory half doors, need owners help on this...

Old 06-23-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks on factory half doors, need owners help on this...

Hey guys!

I have a 09 Rubicon Unlimited and just purchased the parts from Jeepsareus needed to build my own set of four half doors. My issue is I have power locks on my full doors and the door skins for the half do not have the switches there.

So you lucky guys out there that have the factory power half doors can you tell me or show pictures of where the switch is for locking and unlocking your doors are? Many thanks!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Either you need to rig something up with wires/relays or just use the manual lock/unlock button. You can also lock/unlock with remote.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stuartsbasement
Hey guys!

I have a 09 Rubicon Unlimited and just purchased the parts from Jeepsareus needed to build my own set of four half doors. My issue is I have power locks on my full doors and the door skins for the half do not have the switches there.

So you lucky guys out there that have the factory power half doors can you tell me or show pictures of where the switch is for locking and unlocking your doors are? Many thanks!
Did you buy the power door lock option? I just got mine put together and installed and there is no separate switch like the full doors have, there's only the paddle style lock/unlock switch by the handle. They work just fine though with the keyfob.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Default factory power half doors, where is the unlock switch!

Yes I did order it with the power lock option, the front wiring harness has two plugsand the rear has one that are for the power window motor and the power window switch. Obviously the plug for the power lock is being used. I just thought maybe the power half doors might have the unlock door switch on the door. Can anyone answer that? On the power half doors where is the unlock switch located, on the doors or on the dash? Once I figure that all out, I'll call the retailer and have it sorted out!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did Jeep ever offer factory 1/2 doors with power locks?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you build a new one on Jeeps site and add half doors it delets the electric door locks. I never used the locks on my full doors much less on my half doors.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stuartsbasement
Hey guys!

There are NO SWITCHES on the Half Doors. I just installed mine two weeks ago, and you can Manually Lock it from the outside with the Key, Automatically with the Remote Fob (what I do when I park...), Manually with the inside Lock Paddle, or, when you hit 15mph the Doors Automatically Lock like the Full Doors do.

They work GREAT! If someone tries to Unlock the doors from the outside, by reaching inside of your Jeep and flipping the Paddle Lock, the Alarm will go off when the Door is Opened.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Old 06-28-2010, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

So, if I got it all hooked up then the doors should lock and unlock via the remote and lock when you start driving. Mine so far all the do is when I open the doors, the interior light goes on with the exception of the rear right door. So, any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this situation? As mentioned before the wiring looks like it is for the full doors as they have the plugs for the glass motors and in the front has the plugs for the power lock switches... Any help is appreciated as it is the season for enjoying the weather!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by myklt8
Did Jeep ever offer factory 1/2 doors with power locks?
No, because it's pointless. It's half doors. They aren't secure and 90% of the time you will have the uppers out and the doors unlocked.

Quick Reply: Power locks on factory half doors, need owners help on this...