Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Power Door Lock

Old 06-15-2013, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Door Lock

Just bought a used 2007 Sahara with power windows and locks. The door lock switches are working. Both switches will unlock the drivers side door. The switches will not unlock the passenger door every time. Only about every 4th time. I'm sure someone has had the same issue at some point. Is the locking mechanism vacuum driven? Any ideas on a fix?
Old 06-15-2013, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LoneSahara
Just bought a used 2007 Sahara with power windows and locks. The door lock switches are working. Both switches will unlock the drivers side door. The switches will not unlock the passenger door every time. Only about every 4th time. I'm sure someone has had the same issue at some point. Is the locking mechanism vacuum driven? Any ideas on a fix?
check the harness see if its tight
Old 06-16-2013, 04:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you rule out poor connection then I would think you have a bad power door lock acuator.

These are 12 volt electrically powered door locks...no vacuum. The power door lock actuator is built into the latch.

Replacement would be:

04589276AE (RIGHT)

04589277AE (LEFT)
Old 06-16-2013, 04:26 AM
Former Member

Like he said follow the wires that go from the door to the disconnect plug just past the door strap. You might even find that there is evidence of a water leak from above that area under the hood at the top of the fire wall. There's a soft filler patch up there that tends to lose it's caulked seal. Might kill two birds with one stone here. good time to put di-electric grease in all the door disconnects to prevent corrosion as well.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input. I've looked at the harness and see no issues. I think my next step will be the actuator.

Quick Reply: Power Door Lock