Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Power Brake Booster 2008 and later changes

Old 03-12-2010, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Brake Booster 2008 and later changes

I had the brake booster check valve on my 2007 Rubicon fail. The symptom was no power assist (i.e. firm pedal) after the engine was turned off.

I still have some warranty left, but after some on-line research I discovered the part was less than $15.00 shipped. I'll spend $15 any day to avoid having to go to the dealership so I ordered the part. New revision of the part was about 1/3 thicker than the part it replaced. Let's hope it lasts more than the 16,000 miles that the original did.

A few things I noticed were that the same part appears to be used on the 2008 and 2009 Jeep Liberty. However, for the Wranglers they changed to a new part for 2008 and later models. It's also $20 instead of a little over $4.00.

Does anybody have any idea what changes were made to the power brake booster on the 2008 and later Wranglers?

Regards, Tim

Quick Reply: Power Brake Booster 2008 and later changes