Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Popping when hard left... ??

Old 01-14-2009, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was doing the same thing after I installed a 4" TF kit. It only popped a couple times, and then nothing. I did the lay under the front, have someone move the wheel back and forth thing, and I couldn't figure it out. A couple days later, again a loud POP! This time the track bar upper hardware was loose. I gorilla torqued it and it was fine. It has been fine since.
p.s. The boot where the drag link meets the pitman arm on my Jeep has been torn for about a year now, so I don't think that's the problem.

Last edited by Clownhunter69; 01-14-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Clownhunter69
Mine was doing the same thing after I installed a 4" TF kit. It only popped a couple times, and then nothing. I did the lay under the front, have someone move the wheel back and forth thing, and I couldn't figure it out. A couple days later, again a lound POP! This time the track bar upper hardware was loose. I gorilla torqued it and it was fine. It has been fine since.
p.s. The boot where the drag link meets the pitman arm on my Jeep has been torn for about a year now, so I don't think that's the problem.
thanks for the info.. i will double check the trackbar at both ends
Old 01-15-2009, 08:16 PM
JK Freak

same noise on hard left here as well, it was the Track Bar.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't see that you have added aftermarket diff covers but, after I added my SOLID diff covers, the same thing happened to me from a hard left in a cul-de-sac. My track bar makes contact with the diff cover.

Quick Reply: Popping when hard left... ??