Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Po830

Old 08-27-2013, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Po830

I did a quick search on the site, but didn't see anything so I'll start one.

Has anyone had this DTC error come up? PO830.

I'm running a 2013 JKU Sport manual. It did it before I did the lift and tires a couple times. There isn't any difference in the feel or behavior of the jeep. Just the dang light. I have a superchips programmer, so I'm able to reset... but still a pain.

- Blex
Old 08-27-2013, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found this from another site.... "just had my jeep brought in for a check engine light at 3k miles. Thought it was the ticking head of death. They pulled the code and it was P0830. Apparently a clutch relay switch issue. They opened a star report and Jeep said it was possibly from riding on the clutch while driving. So for those with of you who have manuals I guess just be aware of riding on the clutch and not having it fully disengage."

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using JK-Forum
Old 08-27-2013, 02:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

P0830-CLUTCH PEDAL SWITCH CIRCUIT

• When Monitored: While driving the vehicle and shifting gears.
  • Set Condition: The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) does not detect changes in the (T141) Clutch Interlock Switch Signal circuit voltage while CAN messages from the Transmission Control Module indicate transmission gear changes.

Possible causes:

Clutch pedal switch signal circuit shorted to ground

Clutch pedal switch signal circuit open/high resistance

Ground circuit open/high resistance

Clutch pedal switch

Powertrain Control Module