Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Please help with water leak and plug identification

Old 11-11-2019, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with water leak and plug identification

Hello , so I figured out that my water leak is coming up through this plug in the front driver side floor pan , it’s the circular plug pictured . I already have a replacement plug but I’m having a hard time getting it out , is there sealant applied to this plug at all ? Or does it just lift out ? Tried searching can’t find anything about this plug . It’s the circular plug not the oval one . Thank you !
Old 11-12-2019, 05:23 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

I've never understood what that was, and didn't even realize it was removable. Curious to see if someone knows anything about that.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

I always thought they were made out of metal, and had something to do with aligning floor pans. Was just guessing. There are at least 4 of them around the floor pans of my 2-door.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:23 AM
twp
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will have to check that. I have a leak on the passenger side. It only gets wet when I drive it. Nothing else is wet just one spot under the Matt.

Quick Reply: Please help with water leak and plug identification