Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Planning on getting a Soft Top, I need some answers, please.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wannabewheeler
Actually you can install the soft top, put it down and put the hard top back on. You don't have to take the soft top off.
We got our jeep with both tops. The soft top comes installed, and you need to remove it right away, or risk damaging it. The back glass rubs on the soft top, and may wear on the corners of the soft top.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wired
I don't think there is any drilling required to install the soft top. I bought my rig with both tops, but I think the holes are all there from the factory. When I took off my soft top for the winter, I left one small piece connected to the jeep on each side (drivers and passenger side). This piece does not get in the way when the soft top is off. You can also purchase two quick connect adaptors for the soft top. No screwdriver required to remove the top completely.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. It helped me a lot and I bought a soft top. Can you explain a bit more about the two quick connects? what exactly are these and where can I buy them.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wannabewheeler
Actually you can install the soft top, put it down and put the hard top back on. You don't have to take the soft top off.
If you get into an accident, having both tops installed could be dangerous and cause even more damage. Plus, you'd lose a lot of space inside to store stuff.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4X4JK
Thanks for your reply. It helped me a lot and I bought a soft top. Can you explain a bit more about the two quick connects? what exactly are these and where can I buy them.

Thanks
http://www.quadratec.com/showcases/bestop_jeep_tops/jk/

Scroll down the page, and you will see the part I am talking about. I may get a set, depends how often I take the soft top off.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wired
We got our jeep with both tops. The soft top comes installed, and you need to remove it right away, or risk damaging it. The back glass rubs on the soft top, and may wear on the corners of the soft top.
Good info, Thanks

Quick Reply: Planning on getting a Soft Top, I need some answers, please.